KNOCK OUT YOUR LANDLORD LIKE MUHAMMED ALI IN 2020!

Announcements and articles for tenants will be posted here along with helpful posts from the New Tenant Help Forum.
The Tenant Justice Project

#1 Unread post by The Tenant Justice Project » January 1st, 2020, 5:02 pm

KNOCK OUT YOUR LANDLORD LIKE MUHAMMED ALI IN 2020! You Need To Challenge Your Landlord To Make Them Respect You And Not Rip You Off!

Make Sure You Clearly Show Your Landlord You Are A FIGHTER FOR YOUR TENANT RIGHTS! You Need To Teach Them You Will Fight Back!

The greatest heavyweight boxer of all time was a Black man named Muhammed Ali. He was not the biggest fighter out there. In fact, he was normal sized and usually the “underdog”. But he became the champion!

How?

Because he knew bigger boxers underestimated him and thought he was not aggressive and weak and small.

He made sure they knew he was not weak and would fight aggressively and this led the other boxers to respect him.

This is the same attitude these rich landlords have against us hard working tenants. They think we are weak. It’s why we all need to fight aggressively and teach them to respect us…and if the don’t they will get knocked out!

Use The Muhammed Ali Strategy To Get Your Landlord To Respect You And Your Rights

Most landlords think they are clever and tenants are stupid and weak and not capable of fighting back.

Why do landlords think they are so clever?

Many bought their rental properties thanks to mortgage fraud with fake incomes. The mortgage business is very shady and how did some lowly person end up with several rental properties? Hmmm.

And then they avoided all the laws to create a likely illegal rental as cheaply as possible. A rental that is a fire trap that could lead to the deaths of you and your family.

Tenants Need To Show You Won’t Be Pushed Around Or Cheated On Day 1!

Muhammed Ali knew other fighters thought he was small and old. He knew the key to his winning (and dominating) was to show the bigger, younger fighter he knew what he was doing and he was fierce and wouldn’t back down!

Ali knew that if he he looked ‘weak’ or ‘intimidated’ it would lead to even more attacks from his opponents.

So he made sure from the first second of the fight to teach his opponent/landlord a lesson

…He showed them he was going to fight harder than they were and he was going to KNOCK THEM OUT!

From The Beginning Of The Fight, Ali Would Show He Would Not Be Intimidated

Ali would come out and jab, jab, jab, punch, punch, punch. This led the other boxer to respect him.

Tenants need to do the same thing.

Tenants Using Ali Tactics To Fight Back And Protect Your Family

So how can use be like Ali and win?

Here’s how.

If You Are Rejected From Renting a Property You Want To Make Your Home

It’s clear that many landlords refuse tenant applicants by breaking the Ontario Human Rights Commission Laws.

The refuse you because you are on government assistance. They refuse you because your income isn’t high enough. They refuse you because of your race or citizenship. They refuse you because of your family.

This is all illegal…and it’s all super common!

Landlords are breaking the law by illegally denying you the home you deserve!

Always demand an exact reason why you were refused. Record all conversations.

File a Human Rights Complaint against the landlord who refused you. Teach them a lesson they will never forget and make sure their law-breaking will end!

When You Move In

When you move in many landlords think “HAHAHAHA I GOT YOU! PAY ME! YOU LOW STATUS, LOW IQ SERF SLAVE”

They have no idea that Tenants have rights and view you as simply their “cash cow” so they can buy expensive cars, take vacations, use your rent money to pay for their kids elite private school tuition!

Just Like Ali, Show Your Power, Knowledge and Willingness to Fight On Day 1

You have to show to your landlord that you are not an idiot that they can rip off. Most landlords don’t care about the Residential Tenancies Act and don’t care about the Landlord and Tenant Board.

Even if they are aware of it, they think YOU WON’T DARE CHALLENGE YOUR "LORD"

Make Sure You Challenge Your Landlord And Protect Yourself!

If you don’t do this, your landlord will NOT RESPECT YOU AND WALK ALL OVER YOU!

I know tenants are want to focus our time on our jobs, our studies and our families, but the landlords in Ontario are often PREDATORS and you have to take these steps to protect yourself, especially newcomers to Canada, people on government assistance, single mothers and students.

How To Do Take Action After Moving In? (No Need To Tell Your Landlord At All!)

-First, inspect the property yourself. If you see any potential issues call your local by-law officer or Toronto 311 and get someone to come and inspect it.

Even if you don’t see any maintenance issues, call your local by-law officer or Toronto 311 (since you are not an expert and you want to make sure your new home is safe).

-Second, call you local Fire Department and ask for them to inspect your rental to make sure it is safe for you and your family.

-Third, if there are any issues at all file against your landlord at the Landlord and Tenant Board.

-Fourth, if there are any issues call the …. against your landlord and they will investigate

-Fifth, if you have any issues or questions, call your landlord and if they don’t answer quickly file a at the Landlord and Tenant Board

What Can I Do If My Landlord Threatens or Harasses Me?

-You can call the police.

-You can call the Investigation Unit

-You an file at the Landlord and Tenant Board

-Call your local By-law office or 311

-Go to your local Legal Aid Clinic or go to an LTB Hearing and talk to “Tenant Duty Counsel”

"I'm Aware Of My Legal Tenant Rights and Your Landlord Responsibilities! I'm Not Just Your Cash Cow!" Follow the Law!

Even after you beat down your landlord you don’t need to move out! Your landlord will FEAR YOU, and you are the WINNER! Ali Style!

1. Keep calling them
2. Demand action
3. Don’t be polite

…Show them you are smart and will not accept any ‘bad landlord’ games!

Nice Tenants Finish Last And Get Eaten By Savvy Landlords!

Muhammed Ali Was Underestimated and Made Sure His Landlords/Opponents Learned Fast!

Tenants need to do the same in 2020.

Fight back. Make complaints! Call By laws. Call the Fire Department. Take Your Landlord to the Landlord and Tenant Board.

"You thought I was weak, a sucker? I Will Take You To The LTB, Call By-laws, Call Police, Get Free Legal Help, Call Investigation Unit! BOOM BOOM BOOM, I'm tenacious and ferocious and will be coming after you non-stop!"

Landlords Respect Tenants Who Know Our Rights!

By being aggressive you educate your landlord that they better BE CAREFUL in dealing with you.

And why not? Since you are paying their mortgage and making them rich. They need us more than we need them.

Get energized and get fighting because you are right and joining a huge Tenant movement for fairness!!! Fight For Your Rights!!!

Laura

#2 Unread post by Laura » January 1st, 2020, 7:43 pm

If you face a bully, it's really common sense you have to fight back.

cassandra

#3 Unread post by cassandra » January 1st, 2020, 11:10 pm

Ali was also an advocate against war.

He didn't go to VietNam out of his feeling the war was unjust.

NightOwl

Re: KNOCK OUT YOUR LANDLORD LIKE MUHAMMED ALI IN 2020!

#4 Unread post by NightOwl » January 2nd, 2020, 3:27 am

Laura wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 7:43 pm
If you face a bully, it's really common sense you have to fight back.
A successful tenancy ONLY HAPPENS by immediately showing your landlord your knowledge, power, aggression and willingness to go to the limit to beat them, just like Mohamid Alo.