what is a new evident exactly?

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
dschingis

what is a new evident exactly?

#1 Unread post by dschingis » April 29th, 2024, 7:14 am

Hello everyone,

I'm always interested in knowing and understanding all the legal regulations regarding rental agreements, leasing, and disputes.
I'm not seeking legal assistance, but rather I'd like to hear your opinions on this topic and perhaps spark a small discussion.
Yesterday, I came across a section that I didn't quite understand, or it was formulated very unclearly, and I'm hereby requesting clarification.

Let's consider the following fictional scenario:
A landlord terminates the lease agreement with their tenants because he wants to use the property for himself.
The property is so large that he only occupy a small room on the top floor.
His former tenants are familiar with all the laws and regulations and can prove, through photos of an empty floor, that the landlord allegedly did not live in the property after the termination of the lease.
In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator rules against the landlord.

Now comes the delicate part:
The landlord is mentally ill (dementia, depression) and cannot, list and gather all the evidence due to this condition at the time of the hearing.
After some time, a family member learns about this lost dispute and gathers all the evidence to submit.

I find the section (new evidence) in this description https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/hous ... guidelines very poorly articulated. Could the section described above qualify as new evidence? - If so, why? If not, what is exactly meant by 'new evidence'?

Br,
Dschingis :mrgreen:

BCer

Re: what is a new evident exactly?

#2 Unread post by BCer » April 29th, 2024, 2:37 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »