February 7th, 2012
Hundreds of people including family and friends from across the country were in Whitehorse last weekend to mourn the loss of the Rusk family.
The Rusks (originally from Alberta) died because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
There wasn’t a carbon monoxide detector in the house they rented. There are no requirements in the Canadian Building Code for older houses to have carbon monoxide detectors.
The tragedy led Yukon Premier Darrell Pasloski to say it could become apart of a government review of the Yukon Landlord and Tenant Act.
The house is owned by a numbered corporation run by Geri Tuton. Tuton is a special assistant to Premier Pasloski.